Friday, August 13, 2010

A plaque I re-painted!!

Just wanted to drop in and post the plaque I finished repainting yesterday!!! I think the colors are a little bit lighter in person!! I was so excited to paint this and I think I am pretty happy with the way it turned out!! I love this piece because it is quit 3 dimensional, I love how the victorian man and woman come out of the plaque along with the roses! I will have to maybe take a side photo once I get it on the wall!!! Took me about 24 hours total to complete my paint job but once I get it hung on the wall I think it will be well worth it ;O) Hope you enjoy!!


Before




After

After

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning Pretty Pink Cherub!!
    OH MY GOD!!!! I have the same plaque!! I picked it up a few years ago at a thrift store for $3. The colours on my plaque are pale pastels. I'll post a picture later today.
    I love the vibrant colours you have painted yours. It is just gorgeous now!!
    I have read your older posts, too! The china cabinet is soo freakin' EXQUISITE!!!! It will be out of this world gorgeous when it is painted. I know how much work it takes to do a big piece like the cabinet, so try to enjoy the task and envision the results.
    Drop by my blog sometime and visit. We have a lot in common!!!
    Warm hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete