Saturday, November 27, 2010

Tissue Paper Pom-Pom Tree Complete

Heya sweeties!!

I just wanted to stop in and post a completed picture of my pom-pom tree I made!!! I am not really quit sure where I will put it but I am starting to unpack my Christmas things today!!! I am looking forward to seeing all those pretty Christmas decorations on all the wonderful blogs in cyber space over the next month, definitely my favorite time of year!!! Well I better run but I do hope you enjoy the photos!!












What I did....



Basically following Martha Stewarts pom-pom instruction except I took the tissue paper "can be purchased at Wal-Mart or any other store in gift wrap section" approx 19 inch x 2ft sheets and folded the longest part in half! Then I folded the longest part of that in half and then again so it gave me the creases I needed to cut the sheet into 8 small sheets, thus allows me to make smaller pom-poms! I then followed the instructions on her website but when it came time to pull the papers apart I pulled them all upward into a flower rather then a pom-pom!

I also used chenille stems rather then wire around the middle of my pom pom so when I was done making them I could put a little tacky glue/super glue on the bottom of the pom pom and stem which I flattened against the pom pom. I then placed the pom-poms on my Styrofoam tree form getting them as close together as possible so not to have any gaps. "Styrofoam tree form can be purchased at Wal-Mart or Michaels in the craft section!!"


Have a lovely weekend friends!! If you have questions about this let me know, I can take more photos of the process as i need to make more little pom-poms in order to make my wreath ;O)

5 comments:

  1. I just love it!! Where did you find directions or did you think it up yourself???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is really cute-great for anytime of the year-of course-I love the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree looks BEAUTIFUL! I love the colours and the wee butterflys! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so pretty! Love the glitter you added! I wonder how a white, green and red one would look?? Hummm or white and silver..???
    Deb :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love your Pom-Pom Tree!!!!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and thank you for the compliments!
    The pink poodle and baby were connected by a chain, and thier was room for another baby, but it was not there when I bought it a couple of months ago for a dollar!!! They were filthy dirty, so when I brought them home I removed the chain and put them both into a plastic tub with very warm soapy water and let them soak for about half an hour. Then I grabbed a denture brush (it was my Dad's) and gently scrubbed away the grime and rinsed in warm water. They turned out very pretty I think. I am glad they remind you of your grandmother. Kepp your eyes open when you go thrifting, because these little pretties are out there. I saw more a few weeks ago when I was out thrifting!!! I am looking for another baby to complete the grouping!!
    Take care, sweetie!
    Love and hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete