Saturday, January 22, 2011

Finished Handmade Heart Gift and some favorite finds!

Hiya sweeties!!

Just wanted to stop and show you the finished handmade heart and rosette gift for my sister!!! I had purchased red crepe paper but it was much too light for my liking so I ended up going with a pretty blue, I think I like it better anyway ;O)







Then I thought I would show you a couple of my favorite pieces around the house which of course involve PINK!!! ;O)

This plate is hanging on the wall in my living room, I picked it up this summer at an estate sale from a lovely gal who was sadly losing her husband to brain cancer. I did pay a bit more then I normally would for things I got there but it was sure worth it and felt good to know I could contribute just a little bit to help her out!! I sure wish and pray we did not have to lose the people we love esspecially in such tragic ways.





This has to be one of my most favorite GOODWILL finds!!! My heart melts when I look at this piece, the colors are so beautiful!! The piece is flawless!!! and the price was fabulous ;O)




Ok well that is it for now, Many BIG HUGS !!!!


Tammy

P.S. This post is participating in Beverly's Pink Saturday link party, please stop by and see some of the beautiful shares!!

7 comments:

  1. You is very blessed to have sister that makes such a lovely gift for her. The plate is pretty the little girls praying are gorgeous.

    Bye Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You is very blessed to have sister that makes such a lovely gift for her. The plate is pretty the little girls praying are gorgeous.

    Bye Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your heart picture frame is really cute, I'm sure she'll love it:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tammy ... your sister is going to LOVE her gift ~ it's so beautiful and you did an amazing job! Happy (belated) Pink Saturday! xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just beautiful! I am a new follower from TrulySimplyPink

    Pinkim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY BELATED PINK SATURDAY TAMMY,
    SUCH BEAUTIFUL THINGS TO SHARE. I LOVE THE PLATE AND THE STORY YOU SHARED ABOUT IT. CANCER COSTS A FAMILY ALMOST EVERYTHING INCLUDING THE PERSON THEY LOVE.
    I WOULD BE HONORED IF YOU VISITED MY BLOG AND DECIDED TO FOLLOW ME. I BELIEVE I WAS YOUR 3RD FOLLOWER TO SIGN UP TO FOLLOW YOUR PINKIE BLOG. MY PINK SATURDAY POST FEATURES AN ARTIST WHO IS HAVING A STUNNING GIVE AWAY.
    HAVE A SUGAR SWEET DAY
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Tammy!
    Oh it is so cold here this morning!!! It is -36 with the windchill factor!! ARGH!!
    I have been busy and haven't posted in a while but I have lots of news so I will be posting in a few days.
    I have just caught up on your blog. You did a fantastic job on the Raggedy transformations!! I love the pom-pom frames, too! Those pretty plates are my cuppa tea!! I have many plates hamging on my kitchen walls and a few in the living and family rooms. They are too exquiste to keep them hiding in a cupboard.
    Stay warm sweetie!!
    Love and hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete