Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Raggedy Ann and Andy

Hiya sweeties!!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year!!! I have been busy trying to organize the house and working on some projects!! I wanted to stop in and say hello and share just a couple items with you!!!

First these cute little Bluebird canisters I picked up at our local Salvation Army



I also picked up several Raggedy Ann and Andy Pieces at the Salvation Army. I could not pass these up even though they do not match my decor, they were priced at a steal of a deal!! So I figured I would give them a makeover and possibly incorporate them into my daughters room. I have completed 1 transformation!


Here is the BEFOREHere is the AFTER


The little holes at the bottom are meant for pegs but they were missing so I thought I would see if I could find some pegs to fit, otherwise I will just fill them later with some epoxy or filler and paint over it!! When I was done painting this one my daughter said, mom can I put that in my room!!! Of course that made my day!!!!






Then I thought I would share just a couple pictures of our big Christams tree from this year!!






Ok that is it for now, hope you enjoy my post!!! Many BIG hugs!!
Tammy

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Tammy! I've always loved Raggedy Ann & Andy! Your makeover of them is outstanding and it just goes to show that they look good in any colour ... even shabbied chic! Your Christmas tree was a sight to behold ~ beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun finds! Love the tree. Hope you got it down, just got mine down this week. OOPs. You know how it is sometimes. I live close to Arcola, Il- the home of raggedy ann. They moved the museum last year, but they still have a raggedy ann festival every summer.
    Hugs- Tete

    ReplyDelete