Saturday, January 29, 2011

Tissue Paper Rose and GLITTER!!!

Hi there sweet friends! I wanted to share with you a very pretty rose I just finished making!! When I get time I love to blog hop and a few days ago I ran across a tutorial for a coffee filter rose!! I have been wanting to do the tutorial on Martha Stewart's site as well but I decided to take a look at this tutorial and give it a shot!! My mother's birthday is in a few days so I thought I would try to make her a bouquet that will never die ;O)



Anyway, I did change things up a little bit as I chose to use tissue paper and rather then using the green floral tape I just used some tacky glue as I wrapped the tissue paper around a purple pipe cleaner. I was having a little trouble following the tutorial so I did improvise a little bit but using the basic understanding of it I came up with this pretty!!!!! What do you think????










I think it turned out pretty adorable for my first try!!! So thank you Craftberry Bush for sharing the secret to making your pretty roses, you are an absolute sweet heart!!! Be sure to take a look around while you are there as she has a beautiful blog with many other tutorials!!!
Craftberry Bush Rose Tutorial
OK well that is it for tonight, I will post again as soon as I make a dozen but I must go head off to get some sleep!!! Hope you are all having a beautiful weekend!!
Many Hugs,
Tammy


I am joining in on... The DIY Show Off

5 comments:

  1. HAPPY PINK SATURDAY,
    YOUR ROSE IS JUST BEAUTIFUL. YOU DID AN AWESOME JOB AND YOUR MOTHER WILL LOVE IT.
    I AM FEATURING A NEW BLOG ON MY BLOG AND SHE IS HAVING A GIVE AWAY FOR ONE OF HER GRAPHIC DESIGNS. THE WINNER CAN CHOOSE FROM MANY COLORS INCLUDING PINK.
    I WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO STOP BY AND VISIT ME.
    HAVE A SUGAR SWEET DAY
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

    ReplyDelete
  2. That rose is so pretty! I just know your Mom will love it. Thanks for sharing the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I'm sure your Mom will love it.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so pretty!! I love the glitter and I am sure that your mom will love them! :) Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog, that was so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm finally getting around to some of the ladies I missed on last Pink Saturday's posts.

    I love your pink, they are lovely. Thank you for sharing your creations. So pretty.

    Come by and visit me this weekend. Lots of pink pretties for Pink Saturday.

    xo Cathy

    ReplyDelete